2008 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
We craft and blend our Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon with great care, which results in a wine exhibiting serious complexity while at the same time being warm and inviting. The Lyndenhurst name comes from our estate’s heritage—in 1908, the property was called “Lyndenhurst” in honor of the linden trees that still grace our garden. Our historic pre-prohibition stone winery building adorns the label.
As our companion estate wine, Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of our estate. This wine is a compelling offering that will entice you with its heady aromas of vanilla, black tea, and warm blackberry and dark cherry pie. These berry pie notes follow on the palate, which delivers dense, deep flavors that are laced with rich dark cocoa powder.
Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon…a truly alluring and expressive wine from a singular vineyard—the Spottswoode Estate!
- May 1, 2011
- 507 cases of 750 ml.
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard
- Organically farmed since 1985
- Aged 22 months
- 100% French Oak
- (70% new barrels)
- 97.4% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2.6% Cabernet Franc
- $60 per 750 ml. bottle
- St. Helena, Napa Valley
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Overview
- Growing a Family Wine Estate
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard from a Bird’s Eye View
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Background
- 2010 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2010 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Field Book “Syrah”