2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
Our Sauvignon Blanc represents what we believe to be the highest expression of this varietal. It’s beautifully Californian, with wonderful structure and acidity. Grapes from a handful of carefully selected vineyards—some familiar, some new—join our Spottswoode Estate fruit in the composition of this wine, a blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Sauvignon Musque. We strive to create a vibrant, lovely, flavorful wine that stands well on its own but also pairs beautifully with food.
Due to its very limited production, this wine is offered almost exclusively to our mailing list customers and to select restaurants around the country.
2011 was a very mild growing season, where the fruit was able to attain great maturity under near ideal conditions. This wine has great length and texture that is backed up by a wonderful, succulent, fresh acidity. It has strong characteristics of white peach, key lime, grapefruit and melon with hints of grass, crème brûlée, and flint. Beautifully balanced and extremely enjoyable!
- July 1, 2012
- 2,815 cases of 750 ml.
25 cases of magnums
- Spottswoode Estate, Sauvignon Blanc,
- Spottswoode Estate, Sauvignon Musque,
- Farina Vineyard, Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma
- Hyde Vineyards, Sauvignon Musque, Carneros
- Krupp Brothers Vineyards,
Sauvignon Blanc, Napa
- Larkmead Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc, Calistoga
- Tofanelli Family Vineyard, Semillon, Calistoga
- Pelkan, Sauvignon Blanc & Musque, Knights Valley
- 100% barrel fermented in French Oak, stainless steel, and concrete “cuves”
- 65% Sauvignon Blanc
- 35% Sauvignon Musque
- $36 per 750 ml. bottle
- 55% Napa Valley
- 45% Sonoma Mountain
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Overview
- Growing a Family Wine Estate
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard from a Bird’s Eye View
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Background
- 2010 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2010 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Field Book “Syrah”